BEIJA-FLOR STORE MANAGER
Freshfields Village - Kiawah Island, SC
The Store Manager is primarily responsible for managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resources functions of the store to ensure a great customer experience.
- Manages sales, takes inventory and reconciles cash receipts.
- Promotes customer service by greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and timely manner.
- Models sales expectations by utilizing various techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Maintains a visually appealing store, ensuring proper housekeeping, visual merchandising, and organization are kept to the highest standard. Ensures street sign is changed on a weekly basis and the window at least twice a month.
- Performs all financial activities effectively and in accordance with policy including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling; ensures all register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
- Prepares and oversees physical inventories, ensuring proper accounting of receipts and outflows of merchandise.
- Manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store is in working order and adequately supplied to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Continue to develop the Denim Party Program and manage staffing needs.
- Create a customer contact program to call past customers to refresh their denim. Make a pre-determined number of calls a week.
- Manage/create a customer thank you program. Write thank you notes weekly and send via USPS or email.
- Improves and maintains a tracking program to gather conversion rates and customer information.
- Manages/maintains local advertising opportunities with the CVB and local hotels.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, if needed.
- Trains sales associates in above duties as needed.
- Ensures weekly schedules are prepared to provide proper floor coverage within fiscal guidelines; submits time sheets and other documentation to Controller to insure accuracy for payroll submission.
- Trains associates on visual merchandising techniques to ensure store is maintained at all times.
- Monitors associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledges and communicates performance to associates; motivates and trains associates to achieve full potential.
- Manage staffing needs of the Denim Party Program.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Proven excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- General knowledge of apparel products (i.e., fit and fabric)
- Excellent leadership qualities, training and team building skills
- Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations
- Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Ability to communicate with customers, standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, operate register, lift and carry 30 lbs., hang/fold merchandise, climbing, reaching, and pushing/pulling
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beija-Flor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/D/V/M/F Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce.