2017 BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF A GOOD OR SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, YOU AGREE TO OPT IN TO EMAIL COMMUNICATION FROM THE SPONSORS (DEFINED BELOW). THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSORS (DEFINED BELOW) AND GOVERN YOUR ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST (DEFINED BELOW).
- ELIGIBILITY: To participate in the “2017 By Women For Women” giveaway (the "Contest"), you (“You”) must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and at least 18 years of age. All employees of MoSA., Inc. d.b.a. Beija-Flor Jeans ("Beija-Flor Jeans), Melissa Joy Manning, Inc. ("Melissa Joy Manning") and Amazing Concealer Cosmetics, Inc. d.b.a. AMAZINGCOSMETICS® ("AMAZINGCOSMETICS") (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules.” You may enter the Contest on both platforms (Instagram and Online Entry Page), but are limited to one (1) entry per person per platform (Instagram and Online Entry Page). Entering on both platforms (limited to one entry per person, per platform) will increase your chances of winning.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on 03/08/2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on 03/15/2017 (the "Contest Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person, per platform (Instagram and Online Entry Page).
- CONTEST ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Contest by following Beija-Flor Jeans, Melissa Joy Manning and AMAZINGCOSMETICS on Instagram, and tagging a friend’s Instagram page/handle in the comments section of any “2017 By Women For Women Giveaway” Instagram posts made by the Sponsors during the Contest Period; and by clicking on the following link: https://www.beijaflorjeans.com/pages/international-womens-day-giveaway, agreeing to receive e-mail communications from each of Beija-Flor Jeans, Melissa Joy Manning and AMAZINGCOSMETICS, and completing all required entry fields during the Contest Period.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Sponsors will choose one (1) winner, chosen at random on 3/20/17.
- PRIZE: The winner will receive the following: one (1) pair of Beija-Flor jeans, approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $168; one (1) pair of Melissa Joy Manning Hug Hoop Earrings, ARV of $100; and one (1) AMAZINGCOSMETICS® Complexion Perfection gift set featuring: AMAZINCONCEALER®, Perfection Stick Duo, Anti-Aging Primer and Velvet Mineral Powderset, ARV of $149. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED ‘AS IS’, AND NEITHER THE SITE NOR CONTEST GRANT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prize permitted, except by Sponsors in their sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prizes in their sole discretion.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNER; ODDS: The winner will be notified and contacted by Sponsors via email and/or Instagram direct message. Potential winner is required to respond back to communication within two (2) days of being contacted by Sponsors. If the potential winner cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim the prize; if the prize notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with the Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Sponsors. SPONSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- DISCLAIMER: Sponsors, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, agencies and representatives will not be responsible for any late, distorted or damaged entries; or any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors.
- GENERAL TERMS: Sponsors are not responsible for anything outside of its reasonable control. Sponsors assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or is disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, by strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or for any reason Sponsors deem it necessary, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- INTERNET/MOBILE: Sponsors are not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. CAUTION: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
- GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Contest, You release Sponsors and their affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Further, You acknowledge that much of the material that will be submitted as part of the Contest may embody materials, suggestions, or ideas substantially similar to those, which have been developed by others or by Sponsors and the Released Parties. You acknowledge that any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas that Sponsors and the Released Parties routinely use and consider in the course of each of their business activities.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable. The winner will and hereby does hold Sponsors harmless from liability for failure to timely report and/or pay such taxes.
- GOVERNING LAW: The Contest, Rules and the parties’ respective rights and obligations in connection herewith, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York, without application of its conflict of laws principles. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Venue with respect to any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of New York.
- MISCELLANEOUS: You agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. If You violate these Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsors, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion) You will be subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, the winner grants permission for Sponsors, and their third parties, to use the winners’ name, in whole or in part, for business, advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet without notice, review, approval, additional compensation or time limitation. This grant of permission and release does not expire. You will not bring any claims against Sponsors or the Released Parties for any claims whatsoever, including any claims for libel, defamation, slander, or invasion of the right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar claim. Sponsors have the right to use, assign, edit, modify or dispose of any entry, accompanying materials produced pursuant to this Contest. By participating in this Contest, You waive any right to claim ambiguity or any deficiency in these Rules or the Contest, including its administration.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
- SPONSORS: The Sponsors (“Sponsors”) of this contest are: MoSA., Inc. d.b.a. Beija-Flor Jeans, 618 South Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601; Amazing Concealer Cosmetics, Inc. d.b.a. AMAZINGCOSMETICS, 133 E. Cook Ave. Libertyville, IL 60048; Melissa Joy Manning, Inc., 1827 5th Street Berkeley, CA 94710.